Pegasus Accountants Limited (Pegasus Accountants) is an accountancy practice providing financial and tax saving advice to a large range of clientele from different industries.
1. Who we are?
This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use our services and this website.
Pegasus Accountants is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services or this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the Data Controller is Pegasus Accountants Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). ICO registration number ZA078933.
Registered in England & Wales. Company Registration No. 09243836. Registered at Unit 21, Battersea Business Centre, 99 – 109 Lavender Hill, London, SW11 5QL.
2. What information do we collect about you?
We collect, process and retain personal information about you only when you:
- submit your information to us using the “Contact Us” form
- directly contact us by phone
- enter into a contract with us so we can provide you accounting and other related services
- provide feedback
- register for our affiliate program
This information can include:
- phone number
- email address
- card details
- client location
- visiting IP address
Unless a person voluntarily submits personal data to us (for example, by sending us an e-mail, completing a contract, or completing the contact form), we cannot personally identify an individual.
We use the information only for the purpose you provided to us.
It may include:
- responding to your enquiry/request
- providing you with the service(s) we’ve been contracted to deliver
3. How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your enquiry or manage the service we provide for you.
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary.
This is what we do for the following:
- Prospects: We use your personal information to respond to any general enquiries you may have made to us via our contact us form, email, telephone or any other method of communication. We will use this information to follow-up your enquiry.
- Clients: We use your personal information so that we can deliver the service(s) you’ve contracted us to deliver for you. This may include delivering live training.
- Affiliates: We use your personal information to process your business referrals to us, and our payments to you for referring us business.
- Contractors & Associates: We use (or used) your personal information to process your payments for services provided, and to manage your service performance.
- Interns & Former Interns: We use (or used) your personal information to remunerate you and so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work and manage your work performance.
- Current Employees & Former Employees: We use (or used) your personal information to process your salary payments, and so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work and manage your work performance.
- Job Applicants: We use your personal information to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for and potentially shortlist you for the job role. All the information you provide us will only be used for progressing your job application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
- Website Visitors: We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website. Pegasus Accountants will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other company.
4. Our legal grounds for processing your personal data?
We may rely on one or more of the following legal grounds to process your personal data:
- Contract: Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, which relates to the processing necessary in the performance of a contract or to take steps at your request, before entering a contract. We will use if you become a client, intern, employee or contractor/associate.
- Legal Obligation: Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR, which relates to processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we must comply with. For example, sharing employee personal data with HMRC.
- Legitimate Interests: Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, which relates to our legitimate interests communicating with our clients and prospects to introduce them to services, or market similar services that would be of interest and benefit to them.
5. How long is your personal information retained?
We have data retention policies and procedures designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of your personal information. Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes will not be kept for longer than is necessary.
Generally, personal information at Pegasus Accountants is retained for a maximum period of 2 years unless required for specific legal or regulatory purposes. For example, employee data will be kept for 6 years after the employee has terminated their employment contract.
6. Where personal information is stored
We store personal information in digital format on secure cloud servers and systems hosted in the European Union (EU) and outside the EU. Access to personal data is highly restricted internally for approved business purposes only.
Any personal data collected in paper form (e.g. tax returns, application forms etc.) are securely filed at our office location in London.
7. Keeping personal data secure and disclosing your information
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure. We have procedures and security in place to keep personal data secure once it is in our systems.
We won’t share personal information with any 3rd party organisation for market research, marketing, or commercial purposes without specific consent from you.
We use data processors who are third parties who provide elements of services for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal data with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
8. Your Data Subject Rights
You can exercise your data subject rights and utilise our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) procedure.
Your rights are as follows:
- You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal data.
- You have the right to have your personal data rectified. If find your personal data we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request to see this personal data, rectified.
- You have the right to have your personal data deleted. Though it should be noted this is not an absolute right.
- You have the right to demand the restriction of the data processing of your personal data. This may include, but not limited to the use of data for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (e.g. PDF or CSV) and to request the transmittance of your data to another controller;
- You have the right to object to the data processing. This is not an absolute right and only applies under certain circumstances;
- You have the right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop a data processing that is based on your consent.
Please make any of the requests outlined above by contacting our Data Compliance Lead by email to: [email protected] or in writing to: Data Compliance Lead, Pegasus Accountants Limited, Unit 21, Battersea Business Centre, 99 – 109 Lavender Hill, London SW11 5QL.
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact the Client Support Manager at [email protected]
Our Customer Service Manager will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ and file a complaint with them.
9. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
Pegasus Accountants may sometimes expand or reduce its business, this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Personal information provided by prospects, clients, and employees will be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party (if necessary to that division) will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the personal information for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
In the event that any personal information submitted by prospects, clients and employees will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted about this in advance or then after by ourselves.
10. Children’s privacy
Our Service does not address and is not directed towards anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 13.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with personal data, please contact us.
If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that personal data from our systems.
12. Other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
13. Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on 24th October 2018.
14. How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you by emailing our Data Compliance Lead at: [email protected] or write to us at: Data Compliance Lead, Pegasus Accountants Limited, Unit 21, Battersea Business Centre, 99 – 109 Lavender Hill, London SW11 5QL.